Vintage French Oil Painting, Woman in a Garden, Roses, Flowers, Trees, Signed
Vintage French Oil Painting, Woman in a Garden. His charming vintage French oil painting on canvas depicts a woman in a garden of roses and flowering trees, a watering can is beside her. The theme of women in gardens was very popular in France in the second half of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th century.
Many painters of that period were inspired by gardens, among them. The stretcher is stamped with the stamp of the art supply dealer. Active in Carcassonne, in the south of France from the early 20th century. A la palette des beaux-arts. The frame, more recent, bears the stamp of the framer.
Also in the south of France. This painting is in good condition with the exception of an old repair and general yellowing. Please refer to the detailed photos on this page.
12 7/8 inches 43.70. Weight: 1.84 pounds 834 gr. We try to describe all items as fully as possible, but it is impossible to describe every aspect of an object. We give the history of an object to the best of our abilities, but we may make mistakes.
Please look at our photos. And see more beautiful examples of French decorative items. This item is in the category "Art\Paintings". The seller is "jerrymartel" and is located in this country: FR.
- Painting Surface: Canvas
- Features: Framed, Signed
- Region of Origin: Europe
- Width (Inches): 9 1/2
- Production Technique: Oil Painting
- Listed By: Dealer or Reseller
- Subject: Floral
- Size: Medium (up to 36in.
- Country of origin: France
- Material: Oil
- Weight: 1.84 pounds (834 gr.)
- Height (Inches): 13 3/4
- Main Color: Multi-Color
- Date of Creation: 1900-1949
- Artist: G.
- Dimensions of the canvas: 13 ¾ x 9 ½ inches (35 x 24 cm)
- Style: French
- Color: Multi-Color
- Original/Licensed Reproduction: Original
- Unit of Sale: Single-Piece Work
- Dimensions of the frame: 17 ¼ x 12 7/8 inches (43.70 x 32.80 cm)
- Type: Painting
- Original/Reproduction: Original